Thu, Sep 15 +more dates
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Admission starts at: $180
This is a three-part course, and participants must attend all 3 dates: Thursdays September 15, 22 and 29 from 6-8pm. The final class can last until 8:30 p.m.
Learn the ins and outs of letterpress printing. Browse our collection of vintage metal and wood, images (cuts) and ornaments to create a truly unique card or poster. Attendees will learn the basics of hand tuning and designing sound designs, paper preparation and press setup and, of course, printing on our Vandercook presses. Each participant will complete the course with a hand-printed poster or set of uniquely designed greeting cards.
By successfully completing this Letterpress Basics course, participants gain the skills needed to work independently in our Letterpress studio and become eligible to book Open workshops. Open Studio is only available to Book Arts members–become a member here.
Cost: $200, $180 Members
Things to note:
• Creators of all levels are welcome. This course is suitable for people aged sixteen and over.
• All tools and materials needed to participate are provided.
• Completed basic typography projects will be one layer/color as a 5″x7″ (approx) folded or flat greeting card or print up to 11″x17″ in a maximum edition of approx. 25 prints (number of copies)
• Typography The size of the classes is limited to 3 participants to guarantee the quality of teaching. Please read our “Plan your visit” page to review our health and safety procedures.
• Participants are required to sign a waiver upon arrival to class to participate in the studio workshop.