- TLX Type S PMC Edition for special PMC treatment; handcrafted in Acura’s Performance Manufacturing Center
- Previewed in three NSX-derived colors – Curva Red, 130R White and Long Beach Blue
- Unique accents include Black Roof Sedan and 20-inch lightweight copper wheels
- First Edition TLX Type S PMC slated for production later this year
TORRANCE, Calif., July 1, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Acura’s most capable sedan ever gets a healthy dose of NSX supercar technology, materials and craftsmanship with the new, limited-production 2023 TLX Type S PMC Edition, the fifth vehicle handcrafted by the same master technicians who build the NSX Type S at the Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC) in Ohio1. Offered in one of three NSX-derived premium colors – Curva Red, 130R White and Long Beach Blue – the limited version the TLX Type S PMC Edition production series will be available to order later this year.
Exterior design elements exclusive to the PMC Edition include black berliner paint for the roof, antenna and door handles, and black chrome quad exhaust finishers. The lightweight 20-inch NSX-inspired Y-spoke wheels are also painted in a new copper finish, a first for an Acura model. Additional exterior enhancements include a carbon fiber decklid spoiler, carbon fiber rear diffuser, lower side sill trim and gloss black exterior badging.
Inside, the TLX Type S PMC Edition is further distinguished by carbon fiber interior trim panels, illuminated side sills and premium floor mats with Type S badging and colored binding. Vehicles completed in Curva Red paintwork features an Ebony interior highlighted by Red contrast stitching. The Long Beach Blue Pearl is paired with a vibrant orchid interior with striking blue stitching, while the 130R White is paired exclusively with a sporty red interior. Milano leather seats with Ultrasuede® inserts are standard and an individually numbered serial plaque on the lower console designates the 2023 TLX Type S PMC Edition as a limited-edition vehicle handcrafted at the Performance Manufacturing Center.
After the manual assembly process, each TLX Type S PMC Edition receives the same quality control process as NSX, including a bench check, paint inspection and rough road simulation. To protect paintwork during shipping, PMC Editions are packaged in a specially designed car cover and transported to Acura dealerships via closed single-car carriers.
For more details on Acura PMC Edition vehicles, visit AcuraNews.com.
TLX Type S PMC Edition details:
• Hand assembled at the Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC)
• Painted with NSX premium nano-pigmented paints:
° Red Curva (ebony interior)
° 130R White (Red Interior)
° Blue Long Beach (Orchid Interior)
• Carbon fiber trunk lid spoiler
• Carbon fiber rear diffuser
• Lightweight copper Y-spoke wheels with black lug nuts
• Pirelli P-Zero summer tire (255/35)
• Berlina black roof panel and antenna
• Berlina black door handles
• Quad black chrome exhaust tips
• Shiny black badge
• Underbody trim
• Carbon fiber interior trim panels
• Illuminated S-type side sills
• Premium floor mats with Type S badging and colored binding
• Flat bottom heated steering wheel
• Unique PMC Edition numbered serial plate
For more information on the 2023 Acura TLX Type S, click here.
Acura is a premier automotive nameplate that delivers precision-engineered performance – a commitment to expressive styling, high-performance and innovative engineering, all built on a foundation of quality and reliability. Acura’s lineup currently includes five distinct models – the next-generation Integra sport compact, TLX sport sedan, RDX and MDX sport utility vehicles and electrified NSX supercar, as well as high-performance Type S variants. All Acura vehicles sold in America are manufactured in the United States, using domestically and globally sourced parts.
1 Use of parts of national and global origin.